The Sports and Physical Education (PE) Association UK (SPE) is the lead trade association, established to represent organisations supplying and manufacturing sports equipment within the education and leisure industries.
Aims of SPE:
- To represent the sector to Government and other related organisations
- To be represented on relevant British and European Standards Committees
- To raise standards of equipment available in the UK
- To operate a Code of Practice to maintain standards
- To co-operate with Governing Bodies to promote safety
- To be represented on the issue of physical education in schools
- To share advice on manufacturers’ liabilities, consumer protection, European Law etc.
What does SPE do?
- We maintain a recognisable, credible industry standard for membership that you can trust to mean the very best practice.
- We promote a culture of safety – representing the industry on British and European Standards Committees and operating a Code of Practice to ensure our members are always practising the highest standards.
- We provide a credible, ambitious voice for the sports and leisure industry, when talking to all influencers.
- We support our members in providing relevant and current resources, information and know how to help them in their business practice.
- We believe in collaboration – working with all stakeholders on initiatives and campaigns to influence the future of sport
- We promote a culture of enterprise and industry growth, encouraging networking and debate amongst members.