We welcome applications from potential new SPE members. All SPE members must meet the SPE Membership Criteria:
Criteria for Membership
SPE members are proud of the standards of the products that they manufacture and sell. For this reason, a criteria for membership exists to maintain and enhance the reputation of SPE members. SPE welcomes new membership applications from companies fulfilling the criteria below:
- Must be engaged in the manufacture and distribution of sports equipment primarily within the education and leisure industries.
- Must be registered in the UK.
- Must be VAT registered.
- Must normally be trading for at least one year.
- All members must adhere to a strict Code of Practice that ensures quality of products and reliability in service. A Mediation Panel exists under the Code of Practice to ensure that the expectations of the customers of the Sports & Physical Education (PE) Association UK are met and to mediate between them.
- All applicants must be supported by two members of the Sports & Physical Education (PE) Association UK of at least twelve months standing.
- All members must provide evidence of employers’ liability and public liability insurance cover (minimum £2 million).
Useful Membership Information
We are pleased to provide the following documents and PDF pages to assist applicants.
How to join the Sports and Physical Education Association
Complete the following online form for an application pack.