We welcome applications from potential new SPE members. All SPE members must meet the SPE Membership Criteria:
Criteria for Membership
SPE members are proud of the standards of the products that they manufacture and sell. For this reason, a criteria for membership exists to maintain and enhance the reputation of SPE members. SPE welcomes new membership applications from companies fulfilling the criteria below:
- Must be engaged in the manufacture and distribution of sports equipment primarily within the education and leisure industries.
- Must be registered in the UK.
- Must be VAT registered.
- Must normally be trading for at least one year.
- All members must adhere to a strict Code of Practice that ensures quality of products and reliability in service. A Mediation Panel exists under the Code of Practice to ensure that the expectations of the customers of the Sports & Physical Education (PE) Association UK are met and to mediate between them.
- All applicants must be supported by two members of the Sports & Physical Education (PE) Association UK of at least twelve months standing.
- All members must provide evidence of employers’ liability and public liability insurance cover (minimum £2 million).
Useful Membership Information
We are pleased to provide the following documents and PDF pages to assist applicants.